9.02.2011

Thrift Store Entryway Table

Well, this entryway has been a long time in the making.  Back in January I started thinking about how I could dress up my entryway.  I finally made this addition in June by hanging my family silhouette.


A couple weeks ago I found this dresser at a thrift store (Salvation Army).  I think it's from the 70's, but it has a fun mid century feel to it.  It's made by Broyhill and actually has dovetailing on all the drawers.  The top is covered in white laminate, which I'm not sure how I feel about yet.  It was priced at $75 and I was just not willing to spend that much on it.  So, I came back a week later and it had been reduced to $56 dollars.  Salvation Army discounts there stuff every couple weeks to make room for more items.  I still wanted to pay less and I knew that if I held out the would drop the price to 50% off.  I was willing to take the risk, I didn't think anyone else would see the potential it had, at least I hoped they wouldn't.  So yesterday when I went in it was priced at $37, cha-ching!  It's mine.


I originally thought I wanted a table with a couple shelves for display and something that combined industrial metal and wood.  But, pieces like that a hard to come by and they are pricey.  The more I thought about it, the more I felt like extra storage was the way to go.


My plan in to paint part of the piece, either the drawer faces or the sides and legs.  I will share my finished product when I'm done.  I think there is some potential here folks, does anybody else see some possibilities?

Click here to see the finished product.

2 comments:

  1. I love it. Way to go on being patient. I don't think I could have done it and would have spent too much money. Although, it would probably have been worth it since it is a great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't say I love it now, but I know after you put your stamp on it - it will be cool then!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...