6.10.2015

Summer Spotlight Series - Haeley Giambalvo of Design Improvised

I'm back with another blogger you need to know.  Haeley Giambalvo of Design Improvised is a talented mom to 2 adorable girls and is a crafter extraordinaire.  Haeley's style is bright and colorful and her DIYs are totally doable. They are always inexpensive and easy to make, but add color and pattern to your home or party.

I met Haeley at Alt a couple years ago and we were roomies at Alt the second year I attended.  She is sweet and genuinely kind.  I'm lucky to call her my friend.

A couple of my favorite series on Design Improvised is the fun themed balloons and all the cool Goodwill finds that Haeley gives makeovers to.


So Haeley, let's talk about your Summer.

What does a perfect Summer day look like to you?
Having breakfast outside with my girls and playing a little bit before the sun gets too hot. A quiet afternoon of crafting and relaxing indoors (and hopefully naps!), followed by a late afternoon trip to the pool and something yummy on the grill for dinner.

How do you stay cool?

Daily trips to our neighborhood pool. Here in San Antonio, TX it is the only way to survive during the heat of the summer!

What is your essential Summer item?

This summer it is a floppy straw hat, a good magazine, and a bottle of white wine chilling in the fridge.

Pool, Lake or Ocean?

Pool

Tan, Burn, or Freckle?

Tan

Flip Flops, Slip-ons, or Bare Feet?

TOMS - I wear them year round.

What's on your Summer reading list?

Lots of magazines - I love any home related magazine. I also love checking out home design and crafting books from the library during the summer. They are easier to flip through and enjoy in bits and pieces without having to commit to reading an entire novel. I love reading but I'm usually too tired before bed at night to get in more than a few pages before I crash!

What is one Summer activity you are looking forward to?

Spending lazy days with my two girls - it is our last summer before my oldest daughter starts Kindergarten in the fall!

Do you have a goal or project for this Summer?

Last summer I took the month of July off from blogging, and it was one of the best choices I made. It gave me time to spend with my girls and explore new craft ideas without the pressure of having to post something. I ended up coming up with some of my most creative ideas during that break. I hope to take a month (or two?) off this summer too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...