9.18.2014

Thrifting Thursday - Tag And Tibby Guest Post

Today, I have another great blogger guest posting for me. Someday the two of us will get to thrift or flea market together. Julia has a great eye and also can find treasures at really great prices. You'll be impressed with her Thrifting Thursday scores today. 


Hi! My name is Julia Fain. I am a wife and mom to two kiddos. Last year I founded Tag & Tibby: a blog about vintage collecting, design, and family. In addition to the blog I run an etsy shop with vintage goods. I have known Jeran for a few years through blogging, and we finally got to meet at Alt Summit last summer! I was thrilled when she asked me to share a few things for Thrifty Thursday.


Our family recently moved from Minnesota to North Carolina. I had three favorite thrift stores in Minnesota, and it has been a big adjustment finding good thrift stores in our new area! But I found a gem on Monday. The storefront was unassuming (the best kind). The space was an old grocery store and afghan blankets were literally displayed in freezer chests. 

We are in the middle of decorating our new home and I am on the lookout for accessories to personalize our space. Three pieces caught my eye. The milk glass bowl has a pretty wedding lace design and was a steal at $3.95. I added a few succulents I had on hand. The teak cheese plate was made by Goodwood and cost $5. I added a few old photographs I had on hand from a previous Goodwill visit. And I purchased a Hemingray insulator (aqua is my favorite color!) for $3. Insulators were originally used on telephone lines, I plan to repurpose it as a book end.



Did you score any great thrifted treasures this week?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...