12.22.2011

Swedish Butter Cookies


 I was going through my recipe cards and found this recipe.  My mom gave me some of my Grandma's recipe cards.  I really love having them and seeing her handwriting.  What is it about Christmas, it just makes you miss your Grandma.  I had never made these cookies and I actually don't remember my Grandma making them.  She was famous for her shortbread cookies (I might share that recipe as well), but these cookies were my Swedish Grandpa's mother's recipe (her mother in law's).  My mom said that these were actually my Grandma's favorite cookie at Christmas.  So, I thought I should try them.  And I'm a fan.  These buttery cookies have the right combination of crispy and chewy and they really are a simple, no fuss cookie.



Swedish Butter Cookies

3/4 lb butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
3 cups flour (sifted)
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 tsp salt

Cream butter, add sugar and cream together.  Add eggs and vanilla to butter mixture.  Add flour and salt and mix until combined.  Chill dough for 1 hour.  Roll the dough into balls and press with a floured fork. Top the cookies with some sprinkles.  Bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet for 8 to 10 mins at 375 F.  Cool on a wire rack.  Store in airtight containers.  


My Grandma's Recipe Card


2 comments:

  1. Simple - that's my bag. I want to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you included your grandma's recipe card. I have several from my grandma too in her handwriting. What a great way to preserve it. - Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...