12.23.2011

Orange Ginger Spritz Cookies


If you don't have a cookie press, you are missing out.  I love to make some sort of spritz cookie at Christmas because they are just fun to make.  It's like magic, how the cookies come out so cute and uniform.  Kids love to use it as well.

I often just make vanilla or chocolate spritz cookies, or sometimes lemon, but this year I came up with something new.  These Orange Ginger cookies have a hint of molasses and are the perfect match for a hot cup of tea.



Orange Ginger Spritz Cookies


2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
2 tbsp molasses
1 tbsp orange zest
1 egg

Sift first 5 dry ingredient together.  Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer.  Add the egg molasses, and zest to the butter and sugar.  Mix till combined.  Add the dry ingredients in 2 parts.  Mix until just combined.

Pack dough into cookie press.  Press cookies onto parchment lined cookie sheets.  Bake at 350 F for about 10 mins or until they are just slightly browned on the edges.  I like them just barely brown so that they have a softer, chewyer texture.  Cook baked cookies on a wire baking rack.  Store in airtight containers (I make mine ahead and freeze them).


If you don't have a Spritz or Cookie Press, I recommend you getting one just for fun.  I have recently seen cookie them at Homegoods for $7.99 to $19.99.

2 comments:

  1. Yumm....I'm having a cup of tea at my office, wish I had some of those to go with!! Hurry SAFELY to Idaho.........Linda M.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...