11.21.2011

Thanksgiving Table Setting: Rocks and China

Putting these Thanksgiving table settings together has been a fun little project for me.  It's like playing dress up with my home.  This next setting uses my chalkboard rocks as simple place cards.  I like the high contrast this table offers with not only with the black and white, but the bone china and crystal to the casual napkin and rock place card.  Really anything goes these days.


Tablecloth: Williams-Sonoma Hemstitch Linen in Pumpkin
Dinner, Salad and Bread Plate: Royal Albert Bone China, Chantilly (wedding gifts)
Stemware: Cross and Olive Crystal (wedding gifts)
Napkins: I made them (fabric from Joannes - Richloom)
Place cards: Chalkboard Rocks
Table decor: glittered Indian corn and seed pods that looks like pumpkins




Oooh, I'm having an idea.  I will be sharing a couple more place settings in the next couple of days - let's vote at the end on your favorite.  Maybe I'll even have a little giveaway for friends that participate in the voting.  

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had nothing better to do. Where do you find the time to do all this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I have 3 kids (one is a new born, only 7 weeks old), I definitely don't have a lot of time. But, I do drink a lot of coffee and don't require too much sleep. Cooking, crafting, painting, even cleaning is what energizes me. I recharge myself by having a creative outlet. Some people like to read, or take a bath, I like to do something with my hands. I blog because it's fun for me and if anyone else enjoys it, then that's an extra bonus.

    I hope the you (anonymous comment from above) find sometime to do something that fuels you.

    Jeran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said :) So far I am loving them both! Of course, I love those antique keys! Maybe one day when it isn't just the two of us at home, I can do something a little more creative around the table! Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...