12.24.2015

Candy Cane Italian Soda


Merry Christmas Eve! I think I've finally finished my shopping. Today I'm going to baking pies and making Swedish Cardamom Rolls. It's snowing here in Idaho, and we are hoping it sticks. Before I get elbow deep in baking, I think I might go for a little run in the snow. 

I've had a lot of fun coming up with mocktail recipes, I think it's a series that might stick here at O+P. And I've got one more fun family friendly mocktail for Christmas.  Kids big and small are going to love these Candy Cane Italian Sodas. 


Candy Cane Italian Soda

club soda
half and half
peppermint syrup
crushed candy canes

You can make your own peppermint simple syrup (this one is delicious)  or you can cheat like I did and use a yummy store bought version.  Start by crushing the candy canes to a very fine dust in a zipper bag.  Dip the rim of the glass in the peppermint syrup and then roll it in the crushed candy cane.  Fill the glass with crushed ice.  Pour a couple tablespoons (more or less depending on how sweet you want it) of peppermint syrup in the bottom of the glass.  Add club soda to almost fill the glass and then finally add a splash of half and half.  Stir and serve with a candy cane on the edge of the glass.


I've serving my candy cane sodas in these adorable pink double old-fashioned glasses from CB2.


Be sure to check out some of my other mocktail recipes. And Merry Christmas friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...