11.27.2015

Gingerbread Cookies with Lemon Buttercream


I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  We definitely did, we ate way to much and had a fun, relaxing day.

We shouldn't be making or even thinking about food. But, my husband single handedly ate this whole batch of cookies. Lemon and ginger are meant to be together and served with a hot cup of tea is pretty much perfection. Now that Thanksgiving is over I'm ready for the holidays.  And first thing on my holiday to-do list is to start making cookies. We usually eat half the batch and freeze the other half for parties and gifting. 


I whipped up a batch of Martha Stewart's Gingerbread Cookies and then filled them with Lemon Buttercream. This is my mom's buttercream recipe and it's amazing!!!

Lemon Buttercream
1 cup of butter
3 tbsp. lemon juice
zest of one lemon
a pinch of salt
2 cups powdered sugar

Beat on high for at least 3-4 minutes.  The longer you whip it the lighter and creamier the frosting with be. I cut out 2" round cookies and then when they were completely cooled, I filled them with a generous amount of buttercream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...