4.14.2015

DIY Triangle Patterned Door

Well, everyday I feel more and more like an official blogger. The studio is really changing the game for me.  I'm LOVING it.  Not only is it a great place to work and shoot my pics, but my home feels soooo much bigger. Getting all of my craft "crap" out of all of our closets and corners of our house was so freeing.  I love being able to shut the door of the studio and not have to look at my half-finished projects all evening long.  I still edit pics and write posts at home, but the messy part of the blog is houses at the studio.

Olivia still thinks it's fun to go to the studio and today she spend a couple hours cutting and gluing works of art. A friend of ours asked her last night what she was thinking when she was making these pieces, and she replied without a pause, "I wasn't thinking I was just making."  A girl after my own heart.  Makers Gotta Make!



This weekend Lon helped me give the studio a fresh coat of white paint.  I also decided the door from the office room to the larger work room need some Oleander + Palm personalizing.  All the cool kids and "real" bloggers have fun and creative doors.  I wanted something that was really O+P. So, I chose to paint the door a pretty grey and add triangles to it.  I used gold vinyl and the faux marble contact paper that I also used on the DIY Marble Shamrock Print I created.


I used my trusty Cricut Explore machine to cut out these faux marble and gold triangles in no time at all. Vinyl is magic. It's so much easier then painting and I decided my landlord might appreciate the triangles being just vinyl and 100% removable. I placed them on the door in two rows.  I chose to arrange these in a random order, kind of like the wooden tray I recently made.  The studio has all white walls, so I think this makes the space a lot more interesting and hopefully it's very O+Pish.  


The Cricut Explore has gotten even better with the new Cricut Explore Air. This new machine features built-in Bluetooth® for wireless cutting, a dual carriage to cut and write in just one step, and free cloud-based design software for computer and iPad. To celebrate the launch of this new machine Cricut has some amazing giveaways called #CricutEverywhere.  #CricutEverywhere is happening now through June 19, 2015 check out the details on Cricut's Facebook Page and on their website

You are going to want to check out this giveaway.  The prizes include: $500 in Cricut supplies, A 1-Year Subscription to Cricut Design Space or Craft Room, Cricut Explore Air Machine, Apple iPad Mini 2, and a $10,000 dream vacation anywhere!  

3 comments:

  1. It is SO O+Pish...love! Hopped over from Pinterest immediately because I just had to see more. I love how the marble and gold look on the gray door, and I can't wait to see more of your studio! Also, Olivia's comment killed me---so poignant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS!! So cool Jeran. Makes me want to *finally* figure out how to use a cutting machine. I still have a Silhouette in its box. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love how true you are to your aesthetic but always applying it in new ways...great door!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...