2.12.2015

DIY Valentine's Day Felt Pendants

So, for my friends that couldn't make it to the West Elm LA event this last Sunday, I've got the full DIY for you here.  With a few simple supplies and the printable patterns I've created for you, you can whip one of these Valentine's Day felt pendants up in no time at all.  And really these would be fun to have up all year long.


I offered my guests 3 sample options, the geometric heart (20 2" right angle triangles), the XOXO and the YOU + ME, but they created even more designs and styles.


The base of the pendants are a 14" wide by 18" tall piece of felt (I used this wool blend felt from Joann Fabric and Craft Stores).  I sewed a simple 1" pocket for the dowel rod at the top.  The base of the pendants can be cut in a V or inverted V by folding the base in half and the cutting out a triangle.  Then, simply cut out shapes in a contrasting color using the printable patterns or your own design.  Attach the cut shapes to the pendant using Beacon Felt Glue, it works so much better then hot glue or white glue.  It dries clear and doesn't make the felt really stiff. I cut 3/8" wooden dowels to 18" long and used a piece of twine to hang the pendant.  


I big thanks to Joann Fabric and Craft Stores for sponsoring this event.  They provided the black and white felt and fabric glue for all the crafters at the event.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...