10.08.2014

Fall Curb Appeal

I teamed up with Wayfair to give my front porch a little curb appeal just in time for Fall. Be sure to check out my home and 4 other fabulous front porches on Wayfair today.

With a few new accessories, a diy, some herbs, white mums and white pumpkins, I'm ready for Fall. I'm on a black and white kick.  It was grey for so long, and black and white is not a far departure from that colorless palette, but I believe it's classic and timeless. With this very neutral palette, the plants are in the spotlight and your eye focuses more on the shapes, patterns and textures.


I've got a lot of pictures, so I'll let them do most of the talking. But, I'll tell you quickly about my two favorite new elements. I added a herb wall to the left of the front door. Using ceramic wall planters hung in a square, the plants created a clean and unique focal point for our porch. The second thing I did was paint a "WELCOME" sign on the first step (found the idea here). I cut a simple stencil out with my Cricut Explore on some vinyl (but, this could be done with an x-acto knife as well) and then spray painted the letters bright white. I love these blocky letters, so just like my YOU + ME poster, I left the centers of the letter out.


I kept my existing chairs and just freshened them up with new pillows, a great side table and a gorgeous outdoor rug.  


I added a few white pumpkins and the Southwest Pumpkins I made last year, and I'm ready for Fall. It doesn't take much, I have to remind myself often that LESS IS MORE!


Here's the sources:

Wall Planters - Wayfair
Pillows - Wayfair and Wayfair
Rug - Wayfair
White Metal Chair - Wayfair
White Metal Side Table - Wayfair
White and Copper Planters - DIYed, I just spray painted old ugly green ones I had
Bird Feeder - Homegoods about a year ago
Mailbox - DIY
Southwest Pumpkins - DIY

And if you want a look at more of the inspiration for the space, I have a whole Pinterest Board

Technically it's still in the 90s here, so it really doesn't feel like Fall yet, but I was ready for a change.  Have you decorated your home for the change in Season?  What's your go-to Fall decor piece - pumpkins, mums, leaves, corn stalks, hay bails?  

7 comments:

  1. Looks great Jeran! I adore your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your southwest pumpkins....my roots are NM so that's right up my alley. Painting the concrete is such a great idea! I'm about to be a renter so I might have to stick with the rugs...bummer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love New Mexico! Ya, as a renter, I'm not sure if your landlord would love you painting something permanent. A painted rug is a great alternative!

      Delete
  3. so cute! love the black & white colors with your house color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stucco is not my favorite and the color isn't either. But it's in good shape and I can't afford to change. It's kind of a yellowish-tan (blah), so black and white seemed like a good choice. I'm glad you approve.

      Delete
  4. Your front porch is incredible. I would definitely stop and admire it if I was passing by… and want to know what it looked like on the inside! Really nice work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...