5.09.2014

Thrifting Thursday - Sea Painting

Last week, on a random Thursday morning, I stumbled upon a garage/estate sale in my neighborhood.  I picked up a couple little treasures there, but this was my best find.  I got this gorgeous painting of waves crashing on rocks for just $5.  Seriously, I would have paid a lot more for this.


I inquired about it's history and I was told that the owner had a few paintings by the same artist and the others were all dated in the 1920's.  It's fun to know a little about the piece, but even if it's worth nothing at all, I LOVE it!  The colors are beautiful, it has lovely movement, and it takes me away from my hectic life every time I look it.


I have it leaning on my new/old dresser in my bedroom.  This is the dresser that used to be in my entryway, but got replaced by my amazing thrift store credenza.


Oh, and yes, I do know it's Friday.  I'm just running a little behind this week.  Thanks goodness it's Friday!!!!  How about you, have you found anything great this week while thrifting?  I often get asked how I find all of these great things.  The honest truth is, I thrift OFTEN.  It doesn't take me long to whip around a store and decide whether there's anything worth looking at or not.  But, the more often you go, the more likely you'll happen upon something amazing.

4 comments:

  1. Must go thrifting more often, I think I need to up my chances a little more never seem to find anything this cool when I go. Also love the dresser! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I just went this last Friday to about 4 place and found NOTHING! It's like that most of the time, but every once in a while I find something GREAT and it makes all the NOTHING trips worth it.

      Delete
  2. Love it- and yay for finding sales in your own neighborhood! Tis the season :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, and a random Thursday sale, when are there Thursday sales? It's the most wonderful time of the year :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...