2.04.2014

Wooden Bead Heart


Yes, I really do think all things pink and red this time of year are pretty. But, I'm trying to go for a more muted, understated statement with my Valentine's Day decor this year. There's lots of hearts, but I'm sticking with a mostly neutral palette. Like my cross stitched wall heart, I'd like to think that this little wooden bead heart, isn't just for Valentine's Day. I think it really is great all year long.


I used simply round wood beads in two sizes and one random geometric bead (left over from these necklaces and these curtain pulls).  I took a piece of 20 gauge floral wire and bent it in half, to make the bottom point of the heart.  Then I curved the ends to make the rounded tops to the heart.  Alternating the sizes of the beads and threaded them on. I left less then a inch extra wire at either end and using pliers, bent the wire around the back to hold the beads in place. (as shown below)


I tied a piece of baker's twine (I have lots) to the heart and hung it over my botanical print.  It's simple and clean, exactly what I'm loving right now.  


I hope you've been entering all the 14 Days of LOVE giveaways.  Each giveaway runs for just 3 days, so you have to act fast. If you haven't already, be sure to "like" the facebook page, so you don't miss any of them. And you can see the full list of the giveaways here.

6 comments:

  1. I would absolutely keep this out all year long. It's so beautifully simple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by. I think it's going to hang there for quite awhile. Maybe I'll take it down the Halloween. But, that's it!

      Delete
  2. What a fun focal point - I like how unique it is…!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It's so very simple, but sometimes that's best.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing your one of a kind heart:) Keep being creative! An inexpensive addition to my front door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm glad you like it. I'd love to see your finish product. Please share a picture on facebook or instagram.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...