1.09.2014

Mid Century Chair Recovered

Remember my orange chair in need of some love?  Well, I finally look some time this week to recover the cushions.  


I had wanted to find some fabric with a little funk (like metallic gold polka dots), but no such luck.  So, I decided to go neutral and classic with grey linen.  

And it was a very inexpensive job.  I bought this fabric for $5 a yard at a wholesale fabric place.  I decided to reuse the old zippers and even the foam inserts.  I simply took apart the old cushion covers and then cut my pattern from them.  I did wrap the foam in some new batting to soften the edges.  So, in total, this little makeover cost me $10.  I'm feeling pretty good about that.  I can add funk (pattern and color) with pillows and maybe a throw.  



I'm liking this little corner in my bedroom even more now.  

9 comments:

  1. Cool chair. Love the lines of it and the fabric. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks fantastic! you can never go wrong with gray linen and you did such a great job with the new covers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! I'd like to see a before/after!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you click the link "orange chair" right at the beginning, it will take you to the before.

      Delete
  4. Amazing, professional job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Can you tell me where the side table is from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the table is a Target clearance purchase.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...