12.23.2013

Felt Triangle Tree Pendant

How can it be just days before Christmas?  This season sure has flown by.  We made it to Idaho (14 hours in the car), and the roads were snow free and safe.  There's snow here, and the kids are having a blast building snow men and making snow forts.  Well, to be honest, I'm loving it.  I took a long work in the snow yesterday.  There's something so satisfying about crunching through bright white snow.


I've got a couple more last minute decorating ideas for you.  But, they aren't Christmas specific, I'll be keeping these up through Winter.  This felt triangle tree pendant took about 40 minutes to make.  So, if you love it, you could still head to the fabric store today and whip one up in no time at all.


I cut isosceles triangles that are 3 inches wide and 4 inches tall out of white felt.  You'll need 11 triangles total.  I laid them out on a piece of black felt and played around with the width and length of the pendant (mine ended up being about 26 inches long and 14 inches wide). But, depending on the size of your triangles, you could make them short and wide as well, your pendant size could also be different.  There's no wrong way.

Once I had the pendant cut to the size I wanted, I sewed down a 2" tube at the top for the dowel to fit into.  Then I pinned the heck out of the triangles, so they would stay put while I topped stitched them down with the sewing machine.



Happy last minute Christmas adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...