4.22.2013

DIY Nautical Photo Booth

Last week I had all kinds of nautical themed party ideas for you. Today I have a super easy DIY Nautical Photo Booth.


Here's the photo booth in action.  This is my BFF and me posing, you may have seen this on my instagram


I found this amazing ombre curtain panel at Target to use as the backdrop.  I had actually considered dying fabric for an ombre effect, and then I stumbled upon this (it also comes in grey and coral).  Hooray for saving time!  My Dad cut out the speech bubbles for me and we attached them to paint stir sticks and painted them with black chalkboard paint.  The little coral ombre flags I found at Paper Source.  They were plain white and I added a little 3 toned coral paint job to them.  The burlap bunting is something I made. I made my own bias tape using cute teal and white fabrics.  I actually made them over a year ago and had planned to put them on my etsy shop, but just never got around to it.  And the cute drift wood anchor was a Homegoods find.  


I put this together for the Women's Retreat I helped out with a couple weeks ago. This little backdrop to no time at all to assemble and the ladies had a great time taking pictures with their friends. There really is no one without a smart phone these days, so there is no need for a fancy camera set up. Just allow your party and event attendees to take their own pictures.  If you want to gather all the images at a later date, just come up with a hash tag for your event.  Then when they instagram or tweet their images, you can find them later.


Don't you think it would be fun to put together a little themed photo booth for your next party?  I'm going to making one for all my events from now on.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! You always make the coolest things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you always say the nicest things :) Thanks for being such a faithful reader, I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. So perfect! How did you han the curtain?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...