7.12.2012

Thrifting Thursday: Santa Fe Flea Market

So, if you are regular reader, I'm sure you've noticed that we have been on a road trip of the Southwest.  Our, first stop was the Grand Canyon.  And now since it's Thursday, I'm going to jump over to our time in Santa Fe and share my visit to the Santa Fe Flea.


I'm a sucker for a Flea Market, and Santa Fe's was a lot of fun.  It was small and quaint, but just the right size for a wonder around.  The venders were all VERY friendly and gladly talked about there wheres.  If you compare it's size to the Pasadena Flea Market, it's only about 3 aisles of that one.  But, I'm on vacation and space in the car is limited.


I was hoping to see some great Southwest antiques and vintage items, and I wasn't disappointed.  I just can't get enough of all the great silver and turquoise jewelry.  And the Santa Fe Flea had both new and antique pieces.  I fell in love with Turquoise, Julienne Barth's booth that sold vintage SW rugs, cowboy boots, leather belts and her own handcrafted silver and turquoise jewelry.  Besides being some of the most modern and fantastic jewelry I've ever seen, each of her jewelry pieces is unique and no two are alike.  We visited for quite awhile and she generously shared her techniques, what mines she got her turquoise from, and some great information on buying good quality turquoise.  She made beautiful leather cuffs with large turquoise pendants, beautifully crafted rings and turquoise charms.  It was very hard for me to walk away without a piece of her stunning jewelry.


I bought just two little vintage metal florist frogs.  They were an excellent price at just $2 a piece (they are usually about $10 or more at the Pasadena Flea Market).  I think they will come in quite handy.


Do you have a favorite or local Flea Market that you love?  Leave a comment and share with other thrifters where you flea.

These are some of the things I wanted to take home from the Santa Fe Flea.  Is there something in these pictures that catches your eye and interest?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...