5.30.2012

Lego Themed Party Prep

Well, I feel like I need to explain why I've been so sparse with blogging lately.  Real life is just super busy.  This is the last week of school, so I'm pretty much without my hubby.  Lon's got something going every night and the kids have got concerts and assemblies every other day.  Then on top of all that I decided to have Dylan's birthday party this weekend.  Oh, and one more thing, Lon's parents are arriving Saturday evening (so, I have to have my house mother-in-law clean).  No, I just remembered there's one more thing, right after the birthday party, we're going camping for 3 days the very next morning.  So, I'm party prepping, cleaning, cooking and packing for camping, and doing all the end of school year fun.  Is your life super busy too?


I thought I'd share a couple of the party treats I've been working on today.


We're having a Lego themed party for my little lego lover.  The color scheme is grey and yellow.  So, I made a couple buntings in grey and yellow.  I have a feeling I'll be able to use these again and again.

I also made lego blow outs.  I found these on etsy, but they just weren't in the colors I wanted :( So I bought some Thomas the Train ones (because the blower was yellow), took off the Thomas decal and glued on my lego blocks.


And the third is my absolute favorite.  These Lego men heads are the party favors.  I saw these adorable jars on pinterest and loved the idea.  But, then I thought, why not just fill the jars with something yellow.  At first I thought candy, then I considered play dough, but in the end I made some fabulous YELLOW SLIME!  I'll share the recipe soon.  It's that super fun kind that makes rude noises when you squeeze it.  Slime seemed more appropriate for 9 year old boys.  And all I had to do is paint the lids yellow and draw a face on the jar with a black sharpie.


I've got a whole board of pinterest ideas for this Lego themed party.  Party planning is much easier with pinterest.  How did we do it before?

2 comments:

  1. You win the Mom of the Year award! I love all of your party favors! Hope you find some time to breathe this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous theme - I love how you manage to make it fun for the kids but also tasteful, very impressive!

    I'm having a train-themed party for my soon-to-be-two-year-old at the end of this month and have a lot to do... and I TOTALLY agree about pinterest, it makes it so much easier not having to reinvent the wheel!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...