2.03.2012

Vintage Valentine: The Inspiration

I LOVE to throw a party.  I go all out for my kid's birthday's and other special occasions.  I usually start thinking about my parties months ahead of time.  I look for inspiration and write down all my ideas and plans.  Inspiration for a party usually starts with just something little, like an image or object.  From that a take a theme, color, or feeling.  Hank and Hunt just posted her Party Palette and Design Seeds always inspires me.  So here's my inspiration.  
Next week I am throwing a little Valentine's party for my daughter and her friends.  It's going to be a cookie decorating party.  I took my inspiration from this Vintage Valentine I bought at an antique store. The colors for the party are mostly red and gold with a vintage feel.  


I'm really happy with how the party is coming together.  Over the next couple of days I will share DIY's for the decorations, favors, and food.


It's this the sweetest little Valentine?  I paid $2 for the Valentines and then I found this sweet little polka dot hanky for $3 at the same antique store.  Both items will serve as decor for the party.



I'm a very visual person.  Where do you get your inspiration?

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! When we step into our first home one of these days, one of my goals is to really put effort into some good parties. Your daughter is going to love it :) Such a good mama!

    Kristina
    Nook & Sea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...