2.28.2012

Chubby Baby


Olivia is the cutest little chubby baby ever! Add I'm not biased at all, I've seen a lot of babies, and she just might be the most adorable baby ever.  She really should be a baby model or something.  Olivia is in the 90%tile for height and 97%tile for weight, surprise, surprise.  I don't have small babies, Denali and Dylan were both 9 lbs and Olivia was 9 lbs 2 oz.  But, I really believe chubby babies are happy babies.  Dylan was a super fat baby, and he was my happiest baby.  Olivia is an easy baby, probably a lot of that has to do with her being our 3rd, but I think we also credit the chub on the thighs.



Lately I have noticed people talking about her weight, friends and total strangers.  At first they talk about how big she is for four months. That totally doesn't bother me, I love her little rolls and dimply bottom.  I'm actually pretty proud of her stats.  What bothers me is that they continue.  They try to consul me by telling me that "she'll grow out of it", "don't worry, she'll stretch out", and "it's ok mommy, babies grow out, then up".  I guess they think I'm concerned with her chubbiness.

I really find it quite funny.  I realize that I live in Southern California, but really people.  Is our society so vain and obsessed with image that we're worried about the body image of a 4 month old?  It's pretty sad actually.


She's already on a special diet, milk only.  It's really ok, you can comment on how fat she is, I'm not worried about.  She's totally perfect!


10 comments:

  1. I love baby chub! Claire was 9 lbs 2 oz. too and I loved every roll and dimple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cuuuute! Her little smile is so infectious. And she looks good against green. Model in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you! It is so sad that people make those kind of comments about babies and children. This society is so obsessed with body image and weight She is adorable! Donita

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Olivia is perfect! I loved snuggling with her Sunday in the nursery. Chubby babies are the best to cuddle! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Olivia is perfect! I loved snuggling with her Sunday in the nursery. Chubby babies are the best to cuddle! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Takes my breath away, miss her and all of you soooooo much! Grandma M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks just like my 4-month-old girl. An older woman at the library looked at her and smiled and said, "Aw, she's a pudgy one!" Very happily so. It didn't bother me, but I don't know why people feel the need to comment! But yes, very, very cute baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. For the first time (to me) she really looks like Denali, in that last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is TOTALLY ADORABLE and BEAUTIFUL! It is a disgrace for anyone to make a comment about a child's weight. If the child is eating junk food such as potato chips, fast food, sugar, etc. that's not healthy. BUT an infant - Shame on them!

    Hugs to you & your family
    Mommy of 3 girls :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...