1.17.2012

Blackberry Lemon Ice Cream

I got a fantastic ice cream maker at Christmas.  Because I had some super great coupons, I only paid $19.99 for it.  I have wanted one for a while, so I couldn't pass this up.  This is my husbands new favorite flavor.



Blackberry Lemon Ice Cream
1 cup whole milk
3/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt
2 cups half and half (I used fat free half and half)
1 tbsp. vanilla
zest of one lemon
1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries (I used frozen ones that I had picked this summer)

In a bowl, mix together the milk, half and half, salt, lemon zest and sugar.  Whisk together until the sugar is dissolved.  Refrigerate mixture for at least one hour.  Freeze the ice cream according to your ice cream maker's instructions.  Add the blackberries to the ice cream during the last 5 mins. of the freezing.  Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in the freezer.


3 comments:

  1. I love lemons and blackberries! I am going to try this! Thanks! Donita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did try it! In fact, I was given a Cuisinart ice cream maker a few years ago and I am not sure I ever used it. We could be hooked! I made mine with lowfat yogurt and mashed the blackberries up a bit (so mine doesn't look like yours) but it is delicious! I am going to look up some of your other ice cream recipes. Thanks! Donita

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOh yum. I have been wanting to try some recipes with yogurt. Did it still have a good texture - creamy?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...