11.17.2011

Orzo with Chicken and Green Beans

It was one of those nights when I felt like there was nothing in the house to eat, I didn't want to go to the store, and I was too lazy to get out of my yoga pants and go out for dinner.  So, this is what I made, with what I had.  Sometimes these recipes end up becoming family favorites.  This one probably will.  After I had Olivia, my friend Julia brought over a Orzo and Spinach dinner.  It was super yummy, but I didn't have any spinach.  Then I found this recipe, but didn't have corn.  So I morphed the two recipes together and added my own touch and this what we got.



Orzo with Chicken and Green Beans
3 tbsp. olive oil
3 cloves of garlic finely minced
1 cup grape tomatoes
1 cup cooked chicken
16 oz. package orzo pasta
1 1/2 cups fresh green beans (cut into 1" pieces)
1/2 cup grated romano cheese
1/4 cream
Salt and Lemon Pepper to taste


Cook the orzo according to the direction on the package in well salted water.  Add the green to the pasta for the last 5-6 mins.  Drain both the pasta and the beans, but keep some of the cooking water.

While the pasta is cooking.  Heat olive oil and add the minced garlic.  Saute the garlic until it is just golden brown.  Add the grape tomatoes and fry them in the garlic/oil mixture for about 5 mins or until the start to spilt.  Using the back of a spoon, squish the tomatoes.  Continue cooking the tomatoes another 2-3 mins.  Season with salt and lemon pepper.  I nice sauce should be made, add the chicken.  Then add the drained pasta, beans, cheese and cream.  Top with a little more cheese and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...