6.04.2015

Summer Spotlight Series - Sarah Khandjian of Sarah Hearts

It should come as no surprise to you that I'm featuring the super sweet Sarah Khandjian of Sarah Hearts. I claim Sarah as my blogging BFF. We met at a party at Alt 3 years ago, and I feel so privileged to call her my friend.  Sarah is an extremely talented graphic designer and maker.  She has a clean, modern aesthetic with lots of hints of mid century modern. She has this great way of making everything beautiful and feminine. Sarah has a pink sofa in her office for crying out load. And if you don't already love scallops and polka dots, read her blog for a while and you will, I guarantee it.

Sarah has some great series that I love to come back to over and over.  Every month she has a new wallpaper for all your devices, I adore her Color Palette posts and she is the an expert at how-to videos.


So Sarah,  let's talk a little bit about your Summer. 

What does a perfect Summer day look like to you?
An early morning ride at the barn followed up by mimosas. Lunch at one of my favorites around town: Winter Park Fish, The Strand, or Yellow Dog Eats, or brunch at Se7enbites on the weekend. An afternoon walk around Lake Eola with the pup and a backyard barbecue at home with close friends.

How do you stay cool?

Stay indoors and drink lots of lemonade with layered ice cubes!

What is your essential Summer item?
Cotton sun dresses! They can be dressed up and down and are so much more comfortable than shorts and pants in this hot summer heat.

Pool, Lake or Ocean?

Ocean

Tan, Burn, or Freckle?

A mix of both! I'm half Cuban so I turn pink and then I get tan!

Flip Flops, Slip-ons, or Bare Feet?

My comfy gold Vionic sandals. I wear them so much I bought a second pair as a back up!

What's on your Summer reading list?

I just finished Amy Poehler's Yes Please. Next on my list are Sevenly founder's People Over Profit and Do Over by Jon Acuff.

What is one Summer activity you are looking forward to?

Riding my horse in the early mornings and late evenings! Summer's in central Florida a brutal (think near 100 degrees and 80% humidity) so you really can only be outside first thing in the morning or as the sun is setting.

Do you have a goal or project for this Summer?

To host more Meet + Makes! My creative workshops continue to grow so I'm planning on hosting them more frequently!

Be sure to follow Sarah Hearts on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...