2.19.2015

Thrifting Thursday - Credenza Makeover

AFTER
I'm working on a fun bedroom makeover for a college kid.  And this beautiful credenza is going to be one of the gems in the space.  I found this piece on Craigslist months ago, but finally spent sometime this week giving it a little TLC.  I kept it simple and went with my go-to look - wood and white (like this and this).  The top of this dresser had some really bad water damage, so I decided painting it was the only way to go.  Plus I like painting the outside of a wood piece white, it really frames the piece nicely and gives it a clean, crisp look.

BEFORE
This piece had some fun hardware, but it was a bit to brassy and cheap looking. So, I decided to take it all off and give it a quick coat of metallic gold spray paint.  I also replaced all the hinges, they had seen better days and were all bent out of shape.

This is such a great piece for holding so much stuff.  It has 9 drawers to keep everything organized.


Have you found any great finds while thrifting lately?  Does your city's craigslist have great stuff?  Should I be heading your way?

1 comment:

  1. so beautiful! such unique hardware on this piece. love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...