1.15.2015

Cross Stitch Heart Napkins

Ok, I'm ready to host a Valentine's Day dinner party. The table is set and I have some really cute napkins for my guests.

I am loving blush and paired with black and white, it's looking pretty sharp.  Last year I used this simple cross stitch heart a couple times (on my wall, in a frame and on a piece of wood).  So, this year I thought I'd play with this cross stitch pattern a little more.

Black and white plaid or gingham is perfect for cross stitch, with squares already marked out, all you need is a needle and some embroidery thread.


Here's what you'll need:
embroidery floss in 3 shades of pink or blush
a needle
a small embroidery hoop
plaid or gingham hemmed into square napkins (mine are 18" square)


I started by cutting 20" squares of cotton gingham plaid fabric and then simply turned under the sides twice and hemmed them to make 18" napkins.  


Attach the embroidery hoop to the corner of napkin.  Count out your squares so that the heart will be equal distance from the side and bottom of the napkin.  I stitched two rows of each shade of pink to create an ombre.  


I love these napkins with my vintage frosted pastel pink plates.  I have a set of 8 that I got for $15, there are two of each color - pink, blue, lavender, and mint.  And the little depression class candy dish that is serves as the vase for the succulent was Lonnie's Grandma's. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you and totally love the blush color! These are simple yet so wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! loving that mix of pastel and black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! Cross stitch on gingham, brilliant! I also love your gold flatware...where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...