11.20.2013

Soma and Easy Entertaining

This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Soma, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #givesoma  http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO.”


It's time to get ready for lots of entertaining. I love to entertain, but really, this year it needs to be simple and easy. Our lives are a little crazy busy for some reason. Maybe it's having 3 kids and one that's almost a teenager with lots of activities. I don't know what it is, but there just isn't enough hours in the day.


So, entertaining prep has to take me as little time as possible. I'm really in love with my new Soma water filter. Not only is the design of it modern and stylish, but this sustainable system makes beautiful, clean drinking water with it's 100% biodegradable filters. Take it straight from the fridge and it looks fabulous. It's really a such a gorgeous focal point to our table now. I added large pieces of orange zest and some fresh cranberries to make a little fancy flavored water. It's a beautiful, but healthy choice to serve your guests.



My go-to appetizer and party food to make is baked brie. Guests are always impressed and it seems totally decadent and fancy. But, the truth is, it's about the easiest thing to make. My secret is out! I simply roll out a store bought puff pastry, cut the wheel of brie in half and fill it with 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup chopped pecans, then wrap it all up and brush on an egg wash. Bake at 400F for 20 mins. until it's all golden brown and gooey inside.



This would make a great gift for Christmas. It's not just going to provide your loved one with a beautiful gift they can use everyday, but Soma also provides clean drinking water for others with their Charity: Water with every filter purchase.



When you purchase Soma for $49, you are automatically enrolled in their fresh filter program, which sends replacement filters to your home every two months. The cost is $12.99 (less than $0.25 per day). Shipping is always free. For more information about Soma check out this really great video their facebook and twitter.

1 comment:

  1. hey girl! I hope you are staying warm in Sweden! We are so close - relatively speaking. I want the upholstery book and set!!!! Check out moxiblog.com for recent chair project- I am now doing a few chair commissions locally- it would be great to learn more!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...