7.18.2013

Keep Kids Creative with Cricut


I hate to say it, but before we know it, it will be BACK TO SCHOOL. I'm keeping my middle schooler busy with a little crafting this summer. We've made some super cute customized pencil cases.  


These are soooo much easier to make then they look. I started with these awesome little zippered bags for the dollar section at Target. They come in these 4 cute colors and are lined with fun satin prints. I used my trusty, handy, ever-ready Cricut Machine to cut out the fun decals in not time at all. Cricut has an amazing iron-on product  that I love (and used before to make my Storm Cloud Surprise Pillow). I picked out some trendy, young feeling (my 11 year old approved) designs for these cases. And as a matter of fact, I'm far from young, but love all of these.  You've seen the fox before and I'm a huge fan of all things Southwest after our road trip last Summer. I used the iron-on film in pink, glitter gold and grey.


And for a little extra spunk, I added pom poms to the zipper pulls. If you want to keep your kids busy this Summer for hours on end, give them some yarn and a pom pom maker. Denali is going to be proud to pull this out of her backpack when school starts again.

How are you keeping your kids busy this Summer and away from the TV? Crafts are our go-to when we're suck inside to keep out of the heat.  


If you'd like to know what cartridges I used for these designs, just leave me a comment below. I'd be more then happy to help. 

1 comment:

  1. I grabbed a sunglass pouch from Target and can't wait to dress it up now! So pretty and simple!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...