7.23.2013

Exploring the Redwoods

Yesterday was my sweet mom's birthday! We celebrating by taking a little day trip to some new and some favorite spots in the Redwoods. I really do love California. I've shared before that I was born Canadian, but actually grew up in Papua New Guinea. So, California is where I chose to live 14 years ago. This state really has so much to offer and I love to share my favorite Cali spots with my readers.


So, we did a very touristy thing, that my kids have been wanting to do ever since my parents moved to Eureka, CA 4 years ago, we rode the Sky Trail in the Trees of Mystery. It's about a one hour drive North of Eureka and just a few minutes drive South of Cresent City. The little hike up to the Sky Trail takes you through a very dated, quirky walk through some beautiful Redwoods. In the 60's the Trees of Mystery attraction was put in and there really hasn't been much of an update. There is funny dramatic music that accompanies the guided self guided tour featuring the tale of Paul Bunyan. And we really enjoyed the whole retro package. The ride on the Sky Trail gave us a tree top view of the Redwoods. I really do recommend trying out this attraction if you are in the area.


We also hiked through Fern Canyon. It's an amazingly lush steep canyon. The walls of the canyon are covered in beautiful, green ferns. It's a fun little hike over log bridges and in and out of the little river up the canyon. It's definitely a must see in Northern Cal.


And I love my new app, Over. I added this great text and artwork to my instagrams using this app. If you follow me, I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot more of it very soon. And the app even uses fun illustrations and text from one of my favorite bloggers, Megan Gilger of The Fresh Exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...