5.22.2013

Geometric Heart Tote Bag

I can't stop! Maybe I have a problem, but I just keep coming up with ways to use my geometric heart pattern over and over.  This little tote bag took no time at all to paint.

I used my Cricut to cut a freezer paper stencil out. To start, I worked in Cricut Craftroom to create the stencil. I simply used a right angle triangle image repeatedly to make my heart.  Then I cut it out on a 12'x12' square of freezer paper. I ironed on my stencil onto a pre-made bag I purchases at Joannes and painted white and metallic gold randomly in the triangles.  Then I let it dry completely and set the paint with a hot iron.


This is going to be my go to bag this summer.  It's a great size for Olivia's stuff, like a diaper, wipes and a sippy cup, or I can just stylishly bag my groceries. 


Do you find yourself drawn to the same colors, pattern or shapes? What's designs are on your favorite list currently? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...