3.13.2013

St. Paddy's Day Silhouettes


Mint and Gold it's my lucky combination this St. Patrick's Day. These sweet gold silhouettes are framed against a pretty minty green. They're simple and clean, my favorite way to decorate. And the little boy especially, really looks like Dylan when he was younger.  


This is truly a 5 minute craft.  But, I have to warn you in advance, you will need to use a forever, fantastically awesome Cricut Machine to get these fabulous results.  I've said it before, but I love my Cricut. It gives the most professional, clean results every time. But, for those of you who are not lucky enough to have access to one, this could be done the old fashioned way (like trace your kids shadow silhouette's and then cut them out by hand).


I feel silly admitting this to those of you who are Cricut users, but I just started using Cricut's Craft Room. I'm not new to Cricut, I've had my machine for almost 4 years now, but holy cow, I have totally been missing out using the old school cartridges. Craft Room is basically digital cartridges, and you do everything on your computer. You can even put together a whole page to cut out and then save the work and make another page. Then you simply hook it up to your computer with a USB cord and cut away.  It is so much more versatile, a lot less wasted paper and you can even weld images and text together to make your own custom shapes. WOW, right?

I used Cricut's A Child's Year cartridge and cut out the boy and girl holding shamrocks. I cut the silhouettes to about 4" wide on metallic gold card stock. My mint green mat and frames were both 5X7".
  

How lovely is this on top of my green milk glass cake plate with some chocolate gold coins? And I love how metallic change in different lights. They give so much depth and texture.


If you want more of my St. Patrick's Day fun, check out my Pinterest Board, and these posts:
Giant Geometric Shamrock
Gold Shamrock Treat Bags
Shamrock Floats
Cranberry Orange Irish Soda
Corned Beef with Honey Mustard Glaze
"Lucky" Printable Bunting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...