3.15.2013

Shamrock Shortbread


Seriously, why did I make these?  I think I have single handedly eat ALL of these Shamrock Shortbread. They're buttery, tender cookies, dotted with milk and mint chocolate chips.  


Shamrock Shortbread
1 cup butter (room temp)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 egg yolks
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup chocolate chips (I used a milk/mint chocolate mix)

Cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer.  Add the salt, vanilla and egg yolks and beat until smooth.  Add the flour and mix till dough comes together.  Add the choc chips. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to 1/4" thick and cut out your shamrocks.  Bake at 325 F for about 12-15 mins or just until the edges of the cookie start to turn golden brown.  Cool on a wire rack.



I don't forget to check out my giveaway from Minted.  It's $150 to spend on whatever you want at Minted!!!!! Head over to this post to enter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...