9.04.2012

Birch Bundle

Very sad story, recently our birch tree died.  So, I had lonnie save some of the branches for me.  I love birch trees and their beautiful white bark.



I had recently gotten rid of the topiary that sat on my mantel in our living room.  It was cute 7 or so years ago, when I first bought it.  But, I was ready for something new and fresh.  I felt like something with some height was needed in that corner.  I decided to fill my white pot with a bundle of birch branches (say that quickly 3 times).  I cut the branches all to 3 ft in length.  I got to use a drop saw to do this, power tools are always fun.


I think it brings the outside in, adds texture, height, and modernizes my decor for no cost at all.  This is a decorating win for me.  What do you think?  Have you got any other creative ideas of how to display some birch branches?  Or what else would look great in that corner of my room?  I'd love to hear what you think.

4 comments:

  1. How cute and creative! I say this is a yes :) I have twigs in a clear cylinder vase, but I'm getting sick of it. I need to find one of those oversized jugs. Very stylish!

    Kristina
    Nook & Sea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it...reminds me of all the birch trees in our yard in Anch Linda M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, What did you do to them prior to bringing them in the house? They look super white and pretty smooth. Love the idea! Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's just what it looks like. Isn't birch bark amazing. I didn't do anything to it at all. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...