8.16.2012

Thrifting Thursday: Hudson Bay Blanket Remnant

I love Hudson Bay Blankets and all the National Park Blankets, but there is no way I will ever be able to afford a new one.  Last year I scored a beautiful one at the Pasadena Flea Market.  It was in excellent condition and even had the original seal on it.  I had it professionally cleaned and gave it to my brother for Christmas.  I'm always on the look out for another one at antique stores and flea markets.


I lucked out and found this piece of a blanket at Old Town Antiques in Eureka (where I got my grey pitcher).  They wanted $15 for it, but I got them down to $10.


I have plans to make something out of this remnant for Riley, my vintage trailer.  If you remember Riley's inspiration board, I had hopes of a Bay Blanket there.

Is there a certain item that you are always on the look out for when you are thrifting?

This post is being linked up at The Shabby Nest and The Blue Eyed Owl.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Lately I've been hunting for vintage kilim rugs, pillows, & bags. I can't get enough!

    This post is perfect for my thrift score thursday link up ;)

    www.blueeyedowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Liz thanks, I went on over to your blog and linked my Thrifting Thursday! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @vintage grey. Thanks, I'm excited to have found it. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the one thing i am always on the lookout for at the thrifts are camping blankets. i don't have a large collection because they are so difficult to find which makes them all the more cherished when one is discovered! what an amazing piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh jeez, certain items I look for? I don't think there is space enough to detail what I have on my list of sought-after items. I'll keep it to the top 3: clothes, clothes and more clothes. (JK) #2 vintage ceramics and #3 Christmas kitsch.

    Popped in from the Blue Eyed Owl's TST.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just coming across this, what an amazing find and deal!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...