6.21.2012

Thrifting Thursday: American Pottery

I love thrifting and antiquing in Northern California.  I'm up visiting my parents in Eureka.  I slipped away for just a couple minutes today and visited one of my favorite over crowded, super dusty antique shops, Old Town Antiques.  I picked up this fun grey ceramic pitcher.  I'm not sure if it's really Russel Wright Pottery, but the shop owner said it was one of his pieces from the 50's.  Whether it's American Pottery or not, I'm happy with it either way.  It's a cute shape and the perfect color.


The shop owner wanted $22 for it, I offered $18 and he took it without a question.  I just doesn't hurt to ask.


I also got this bottle for $2.99 at a local thrift shop.  It will be a great simple vase for a flower or two.


4 comments:

  1. I thought of you when I got a vintage Disney book at a flea market in NYC... Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby. Totally not PC... but an awesome deal at $3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pitcher is lovely! What a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the size of the pitcher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love thrifting Thursday. Its a beauty. -Heidi A.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...