2.08.2012

Vintage Valentine: Sugar Cookies

I think everything is ready for the party.  There's food, there's decorations and an activity.  The girls are going to decorate Valentine's cookies at the party.  I hope my daughter enjoys this little get together.   She's 10 and I'm not sure how much longer decorating cookies is going to be cool.


I've baked the sugar cookies ahead of time so that we can spend our time decorating them. Sugar cookies freeze really well.  So, there in an airtight container waiting patiently in the freezer.  I made a double batch of what I think are the best sugar cookies.  This is Lonnie's Aunt Izzy's recipe for sugar cookies (hope you don't mind me sharing Aunt Izzy).


I made quite a few different sized hearts for the girls, so that they can take home a variety.  I also picked up these cute brown cardboard take out boxes for them to package up their cookies in.  I got the boxes at a restaurant supply store.

Sugar Cookies
2/3 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
4 tsp. milk
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp, salt

With an electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter together.  Add the eggs, milk and vanilla.  Mix well.  Add the dry ingredients and mix.  Chill dough for at least  hours.  Roll out on a well floured surface, cut out shapes and bake on parchment lined cookie sheets for about 10 mins in a 350 F oven.  Cool on a wire rack.

Come back tomorrow to see how everything came together.  And scroll back through the last 5 posts to see more of the party if you've missed out.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...