2.23.2012

Home Tour: Master Bathroom

When we remodeled our house a couple years ago, we added one of my most favorite rooms in the house - our Master Bathroom.  For 6+ years we had happily shared one bathroom, but now with the convenience of two I wonder how I could go back.  I had so much fun picking out the fixtures and finishes for this room.






The highlight of this room is by far the walk-in shower.  I have my wonderfully talented Dad to thank for that.  He installed and tiled the whole thing.  The 18 inch grey tiles make for easy cleaning.  There's no door or curtain to collect mold and mildew.  Just every month or so, I take a big brush and scrub down the walls and floor.


The two vanities are made to by the same manufactures of these Potterybarn ones.  Except mine cost $300 each and I got them at Costco.  They have great storage under the sink and in the baskets below.  We store towels, blow dryers, toilet paper and more in them.  And they have beautiful marble tops that are easy to clean.  The mirrors above the sinks are handmade embossed tin, they are from a home interiors store (Mango) that I owned a few years back.


It's a really spacious bathroom.  Above the toilet I hung an antique beduin rug that I bought in the souq in Sanaa, Yemen.  It adds a nice burst of color and softens the room a bit.  I made the roman shades, you can see my step by step instructions on how to make them here.


The L and J are from Anthropology (but are an older version that are no longer available), the three wooden pieces are automotive part molds, and the towels are Potterybarn (no longer available).

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...