10.17.2011

Pedestal Candy Jars

Can't get enough Halloween candy, especially when you are preggo or nursing.  I'm embarrassed to say that I had to refill the Peanut Butter M&M's three times before I got a picture of these pedestal candy jars I made.  I did have some help eating them, but I'm pretty sure it was mostly me that ate them.  Should have bought something yucky, like black licorice.


I have to give credit to this fantastic blog, for the inspiration.  They had made these jars for Easter Candy.  I decided to make a Halloween version.



Supplies:
glass candle sticks (I got mine at a thrift store for 25c each)
assorted jars (I used a pickle jar, a pesto jar, and a pasta sauce jar)
E 6000 glue
Martha Stewart Crafts Glossy Black paint
glittered plastic spiders
spanish moss
candy



To make these jars, paint the candle sticks and the jar lids with the black paint. It may take a couple of coats.  Let dry over night.  Then attach the candle sticks to the bottom of the jars with E 6000 glue.  Let dry overnight again.  Fill with assorted candy.  Oh, and I glued a few spiders to the jars (I got the spiders at Michaels for $1).  For some spooky, I displayed these on a tray with some spanish moss.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...